LET YOUR BODY SPEAK: THE ART, SCIENCE AND PRACTICE OF NONVERBAL COMMUNICATION
“What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
What do I do with my hands? How should I stand? Should I use the lectern or walk across the stage? what is my facial expression saying about me? These are questions that I get asked all of the time.
Body langue and non-verbal communication is one of the keys to effective leadership, effective communication and effective presentation skills. Without appropriate body language and other nonverbal communication, the best crafted message may fall short or you may be seen as not genuine.
The ability to understand, interpret and use effective body language is a skill that will enhance your presentation skills, public speaking and career. Body language is a form of communication, and it needs to be understood and practiced like any other communication skill. Whether in training, facilitation, key note speaking or everyday communication, it is essential to understand exactly what your own body is saying and communicating to others and what others nonverbal communication is saying to you.
In this workshop you will learn how to:
- Read what your body is saying about you
- Gesture with confidence and intelligence
- Use eye contact appropriately
- Use the platform or stage effectively when presenting
- Look after your voice and create additional vocal variety and interest.
- Demonstrate credibility and approachability and when to use each
- Stand confidently and avoid distracting and superfluous gestures
- Use the frozen hand gesture
- Use breathing and pause to generate suspense and create impact
After this workshop you will have learned the skills of effective and appropriate body language that you can use every day to be a more effective communicator. You will be able to use skillful and appropriate body language in everyday communications, meetings, and job interviews and of course in your presentation and public speaking skills. As a presenter you will look more confident, credible and be more influential as a speaker.
This workshop can be delivered in a half day format or a full day format. For further details contact Peter on 0419 930 903 or firstname.lastname@example.org