ASSERTIVE COMMUNICATION SKILLS
A common pattern in people’s communication is the lack of awareness and capacity to be assertive. Do you find it difficult to be assertive? Do you find it difficult to say no? Does this result in conflict in your relationships or workplace?
Assertive communication will help you reduce workplace conflict, assist you with the skills to speak up at meetings and deal with difficult conversations. In turn these skills will assist with strengthening you’re self-esteem and reducing your anxiety.
This half day workshop is designed to help people to communicate assertively and to be comfortable with assertiveness.
At the end of this workshop you will be able to:
• Recognise the difference between assertive, passive and aggressive communication
• Be able to recognise the barriers and myths that surround assertive communication and how they may influence your thinking and behavior
• Complete a self audit and recognise where your current strengths and weakness are when communicating with others
• Use practical strategies to communicate more assertively using different techniques
• Use practical skills to deal with criticism, both constructive and destructive
The presenter for the Assertive Communication Skills workshops is Violet Dhu